Friday, February 10, 2012

AUSTRALIAN WOMEN WRITERS CHALLENGE


I've just signed up for the above which runs from 1 January 2012 -  31 December 2012.


The Goal (as stated on their home page at http://www.australianwomenwriters.com/p/australian-women-writers-book-challenge_25.html is to:


  • Read and review books written by Australian women writers throughout 2012, the National Year of Reading – hard copies, ebooks and audiobooks, new, borrowed or stumbled upon bybook-crossing. 
Now, as I'm a romance writer, I aim to read in at least two other genres and to post my reviews here and link back.

The idea is to:
  • "help counteract the gender bias in reviewing and social media newsfeeds that has continued throughout 2011 by actively promoting the reading and reviewing of a wide range of contemporary Australian women’s writing."
I'm in!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Beverley

    It was lovely to meet you at the ARRA awards dinner the other night. And thanks for joining the challenge. I look forward to reading your reviews.

    ReplyDelete